Updated Race Details for Elmbridge Assessment Race tomorrow
In advance of the assessment race tomorrow and due to the current flow of the river, the organising committee have taken the decision to alter the course. Please see below for updated race details.
Briefing at 11:30am.
- 12pm – 18 miles for Senior and U23 Men K1 – 6 long laps, 1 short lap, 6 portages
- 12:01pm – 12 miles for Junior Boys K1 – 4 long laps, 1 short, lap 4 portages
- 12:02pm – 15 miles for Senior and U23 Women K1 – 5 long laps, 1 short, lap 5 portages
- 12:03pm – 9 miles for Junior Girls K1, Junior Boys C1 and Senior Women C1 – 3 long laps, 1 short lap, 3 portages
The course will take the following format:
- Start at the White House, heading upstream towards the back of the little island.
- Turn anti-clockwise around the 3 buoyed turn and head downstream on the same side of the island.
- Paddle back towards the White House, staying on the right-hand side of the separation buoy and around Desborough Island.
- Turn clockwise upstream around the 2nd term 250 metres downstream of Desborough Island and paddle towards the bottom cut bridge.
- The portage is a further 1000m upstream from the bottom turn, outside the clubhouse. It uses a floating landing stage as the get out and the existing landing stage as the get in.
- There is a gap between the floating landing stage and the bank – paddlers need to be aware and careful!
- Continue upstream after the portage and turn above the little island and the 3-buoy turn, heading downstream again towards the White House.
- On the last short lap, you turn in the same place as normal after the portage (3-buoy turn) but finish at the bridge downstream of the club. This is roughly 500 metres from the 3-buoy turn.