Para Worlds Demo Event, World Championships and French Nationals 2023 Selection Details
The final assessments of 2023 will be held at the National Championships at Norwich Canoe Club on the 23/24th July. This event forms one of the lead assessments for the World Championships and will serve as the only assessment for the French Nationals U16/U14 trip and the Para Demonstration Event at the World Championships.
Please find details of the National Championships here: https://nationals.norwichcanoeclub.co.uk/
Entries can be completed here: 2023 National Championships Entries
To be considered for selection you must fill in the correct availability form for the team you are seeking selection for:
- World Championships: World Championships Availability Form
- Para Demonstration Event at the World Championships: Para World Demonstration Event Availability Form
- French Nationals U14/U16 Development Trip: French Nationals Availability Form
The deadline for submission of your availability forms is midnight 18th July
More specifics on the Para selection can be found below. For the World and French Nationals, please take the time to familiarise yourselves with the Selection Policy foundÂ here.
If you have any questions about the availability forms or admin, please contact the Selection Committee Secretary Kat Wilson. For questions relating to the selection process, please contact the Chair of Selectors Nanette North.
Para Demonstration Event at the World Championships 2023
The Para Worlds Events:
The ICF have announced they will be holding a Paracanoe Demonstration event which is being held in conjunction with the World Marathon Championships in Denmark.
The program has the following Mens and Women’s classes:
- KL1 (6.8km)
- KL2 (10.2km)
- KL3 (10.2km)
- VL1 (6.8km)
- VL2 (10.2km)
- VL3 (10.2km)
- Open event (10.2k) for all IPC defined impairment categories which are not included in the IPC approved impairment categories for Paracanoe.
Competitors are required to use kayaks and Vaâ€™a boats which meet the ICF Paracanoe technical standards for all demonstration events, including the open event. Athlete Classification will be available at the event as required.
The MRC has received funding from British Canoeing to allow us to send up to 3 athletes* to this event.
Selection details for the event are as follows:
- Selection will take place at the National Marathon Championships on the 23rd July.
- Entries can be complete here: 2023 National Championships Entries
- Athletes are required to use kayaks and Va’a boats which meet ICF paracanoe technical standards in the selection event**.
- Please enter the class you wish to be selected for. Starts may be combined as per the discretion of Norwich Canoe Club.
- Selection will be made by benchmarking results across classes as per the World Championships selection process laid out in section 3.1 of the Selection Policy foundÂ here
- Availability forms must be fully completed by midnight 18th July.
- The availability form can be found here:Â Para World Demonstration Event Availability Form
If you have any questions about the availability forms or admin, please contact the Selection Committee Secretary Kat Wilson. For questions relating to the selection process please contact the Chair of Selectors Nanette North.
* team size may change and will be dependent on funding available and logistical considerations including availability of accommodation.
** unless otherwise agreed in writing from the Chair of the Selection Committee.